MAS

Sunday

Motherhood is Not a Competition, it is a Blessing!



Lately I've been noticing a lot of "Mommy Wars" going on, stay-at-home moms vs working moms. Seriously women, do what is best for you and your children and not worry what everyone else is doing.

I'm a Working-Mom, have been since I can remember. I never had the opportunity to stay home and be one of the moms who got to take their toddler to a playground on a Monday at noon...I'm clocked in working at that time. So when I get home I start my other job just like all moms....cooking, laundry, clean house, bookkeeping, nursing, and everything else that comes with the job to be the best mommy I can be. It doesn't matter whether I work or not I give my children 100% of me. All while I keep my resume up to date.

Those of you who are able to stay-at-home with your children and be the "Room Mom" for your child's class, that's awesome. I'm happy for you and your children. Enjoy the time because it goes quickly.

I do however believe that a woman needs to always be prepared in life for the unexpected. Even if she chooses to be a stay-at-home or a work-at-home mom she should make time to keep her skills up to par. Always make sure to not loose herself while raising a family. Time changes quickly whether you are a photographer, blogger/writer, computer programer, etc. keep up with those changes.

Now, ladies let's stop all this back and forth who is a Better Mom and work together, support eachother. Motherhood is not a competition, it's a blessing! Treat it as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment