MAS

Tuesday

Ocean of Tears

This is a poem I wrote to those who have made life a bit challenging for me.  Writing is an outlet for me and allows me to express otherwise what I would hold in.  As many others in this world I have been through my share of experiences the trick is turning them into lessons for yourself and others.  I hope you enjoy my words. 

-
Ocean of Tears

I put my all into what I thought was right,
Didn't matter it always turned into an ugly fight. 
For many years I remained silent,
Why did you have to be so violent?
Had me thinking I was completely worthless,
Didn't feel pretty not even in a dress. 
It's just fine, I don't despise you,
I wouldn't even want you to feel what I do. 
You are forgiven as I continue to grow,
I pray you find peace and want you to know,
I have let go of painful years,
No longer drowning in an ocean of tears. 
-
Michelle

11 comments:

  1. Powerful words...writing is an outlet for me as well. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten years ago tomorrow I decided to make a drastic change in my and my son's lives. He was only three years old at the time and it took all the courage I could possibly obtain to pack up and move over 1,000 miles away from the only life we've known.

    I am happy to say I made the right decision. This is just one reason I try to uplift those who read my blog and encourage them to find that strength within themselves to change their lives for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful and poignant piece of writing! I'm glad you have this outlet to pour your heart into.
    Visiting from Sits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by my blog on my SITS day and commenting, I really appreciate all the comment love! Totally enjoyed your post about rudeness...drives me CRAZY when young people dont stand for older women, or people that need some assistance on the tram. I want to shake them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poem. So powerful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful poem. Just stopping by from SITS to say hello. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem! Glad I stopped by. Happy Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the sweet comments. I write straight from my heart and it's so nice to know that others are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the powerful sentiment in this poem... that you were able to let go and forgive...

    ReplyDelete