MAS

Thursday

It's A New Year....Where's The New You?

I am hoping that 2010 is off to a great start for everyone.  I am looking forward to creating one of the best years of my life so far.  I have never been much of one to give up but last year was a tough one for me.  I honestly never experienced so much in one year at a time but again I made it through. 
-
We are all surrounded by "Negative Nancies/Norms" in our life but you keep your head up.  Give them a big smile (even when you have to force it) and tell them to have a nice day!  When you smile and walk away you will feel better in the end.  You can't allow the grouches to ruin your good day.  Shut that garbage can and go visit Elmo, lol. 
-
I know I'm being a little silly with it but I see so many miserable people in the world and most of them really have no reason to be pissed at the world they just are.  Thinking that "everyone" is out to get you is ridiculous, unless you had a minute of fame shot on America's Most Wanted, lol. 
-
I have recently in the past few months been meditating and doing some yoga from time to time.  Hell yeah I get stressed out and want to burry my face in the pillow and scream but reality is I can not allow myself to fail and will not.  I have three wonderful children who count on me everyday and I would never let them down nor myself.  Of course I have my moments where a glass of wine helps too.  I'm only human, right? lol
-
The more you sulk and drown yourself in negativity to worse you will feel.  Get up, move around, go for a walk.  I know it's cold outside, try sledding, a fun snowball fight with the kids or making a snowman.  Change that channel when your sad and there's some chick flick sad drama on all it's going to do is make you feel worse.  Put on something funny that will crack you up.  
-
I know there are going to be somedays where you just need to cry, been there done that and I can bet more will come.  Get the tears out, mourn and be sad but don't allow it to consume you.  
-
You owe it to yourself to be happy now smile dammit! LOL  : )   

4 comments:

  1. I just read something the other day that was pretty cool "What other people think of you is none of your business."

    People get too worried about what people think of them. I have wasted too much energy trying to be a people pleaser in my life too. Just be real and genuine and the best you can be.
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that one!!! I will admit I am a caring person but I don't aim to please everyone. All I will ever be is me take it or leave it.

    I'm happy you stopped by Nicole! You're an awesome lady, keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a great believer in focusing on the positive. And it is so important to laugh every day! For Christmas, I got several seasons of a favorite T.V. series. It's so easy to just pop one in, sit back for 20 minutes and have a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I love, Holly! When times get rough it's so easy to get stuck in "sorry for yourself" mode. Drop the negative weight in your life (a few people who love the drama of misery).

    Pass the postive ladies and gentlemen and feel the joy come your way.

    ReplyDelete