MAS

Saturday

HAKUNA MATATA



Before I even had children I enjoyed watching Lion King, one of my favorite Disney movies. I love saying the saying, "Hakuna Matata". In other words....No Worries! We all know the song and when we do most of us just gotta sing along.
-
The phrase originated in Africa, of course, is Swahili and when broken down for definition goes as follows:


Ha - No
Kuna - Exist
Matata - Worries
-
Those are words of wisdom right there.  We can go on in life stressing ourselves out over things we have absolutely no control over or we can live by the words made famous by a wart hog and meerkat.  I don't know about you but I'm listening to Timon and Pumba and living Hakuna Matata! 
-
Trust in God and praise him for all you have in life. 

3 comments:

  1. i've loved that movie since middle school( i'm 28 now!) i was just singing some songs to my daughter the other day!!

    i definetly should keep hakuna matata in my thoughts--i worry too much! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder--we all need that every now and again. It's so funny, but I was just discussing this very topic with my daughter. Then I opened my Bible to where I'd left off and this was the very next verse that I read: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7) Pretty cool, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything has a purpose in our lives! It's wonderful to know that God always has time for us and loves us so much.

    Thank you for stopping by ladies, hope to see you around again! : )

    ReplyDelete