MAS

Sunday

Down Doggie

One of my biggest challenges in life, because I'm always so busy, is to relax and learning to unwind after a long day.  Following the advice of a good friend of mine who says I need to relax and try meditation,  I have been practicing Yoga and meditation to accomplish some peace and exercise while I'm at it for the past few months.  Amazingly, it really works!  I try to squeeze in some time either in the morning or evening and sometimes my two girls (3 and 5 years old) join in.  I always feel so refreshed following my sessions.  I started off by viewing different Yoga dvds but now I enjoy putting some relaxing music on and doing my own thing.  I work the areas that I feel need it the most at that time. 

I'm far from a "pro" just yet, some of the positions they do are incredible and take extreme focus and strength.  I am hoping the day will come where I will be able to get into the harder positions (without killing myself!).  I have noticed major changes in the way I feel since picking up such of a healthy habit.  I am more energized, focused, drink less soda and eat less junk food (still working on the whole donut thing).  My favorite perk of all is the way my body seems to feel and look better than ever.  My abs are tighter, legs are more flexible and stronger and my arms are toning up nicely. 

If you haven't tried Yoga and are looking for a relaxing way to get in shape....what do you have to lose?  Hmmm, stress and weight all at once!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I just have to say that at first; I thought you said 'try medication'. LMAO! Then I looked again and saw my eyes deceived me:D
    Anyway, I really enjoy yoga and like yourself, I used to follow a dvd. Now I just do it on my own, but not very regularly. Still, I love the way it makes me feel and it's great for your body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medication probably helps too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yoga, though I can't do it with my kids around!

    Stopping in from SITS.

    ReplyDelete