MAS

Friday

Dis Momma is Ol' School-New School!

I remember when I first discovered Hip Hop!  Awwww, man!  I was hooked! I was a pop locking lil' momma back in the day...waaay back, lol!  We are talking back in the 80's-early 90's when life was all about big ass door knocking ear rings, the baddest (meaning good) hair cuts, baggy jeans and overalls with only one strap up! Ahh, those were the days..chillin' out in front on the stoop with my Boom Box, yup I said it I had me a Boom Box and it was "Dope"!   I took the liberty of posting an old school rap jam that we all know and pass on from generation to generation...go head click play, you know you want to.  Get ya' head bobbing, that's it  you know the words too let it flow...oh oh you got it!  



That brought you back, huh!?  Who can forget the timeless classics:  Tupac, Biggie, Run DMC, KRS 1, Public Enemy and many others when you listen to it you feel like you can take on the world, you feel their pain and it brings you back to where you was when you first hear that TAPE! We didn't have no darn cds...we had to rewind and fast forward and pray that we didn't get the tape jammed.  We spent hours waiting for our songs to come on the radio so we could hit the record button then got mad if we recorded over another song we really liked...dammit! 

Okay, now that we got the Hip Hop bug going I'm also a New School Momma!  I may be in my mid....shhhh 30's but I still got it!  I love new school music too.  I am the one crazy mother in the Mini Van listening to Lil' Wayne rappin every word.  Just the other day I was in the car with my 13 year old son who said, "Wow, Mom you know every song don't you?".  I laughed, "Oh, silly child"..."Hell Yeah I do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment