MAS

Sunday

Damn, Act Like You Have Some Manners!!!


I have to get this off my chest.  I know a lot of people in the world are stressed out due to the economy, their jobs and more but that doesn't give anyone the right to be just plain rude.  In one day I must have came accross twenty grown ass ignorant adults. 
-
Seriously, I was always taught to show respect to others, young and old.  Saying "Please", "Thank You" or "Excuse Me" comes without a second thought.  It just amazed me how many adults act as if they don't know any better.  True, they probably don't give a crap what I or any other person thinks but it makes me just want to scream sometimes. 
-
As a parent I instill the importance to my children of respecting others, including their siblings.  We all know how we treat our sisters, brothers and other kids when we're smaller we are little monsters and fight over toys, snacks and attention just to name a few things.  It's a given kids are going to argue over petty stuff and most of the time the words please or thank you never entered their minds.  They're children we expect that from kids but I bet you I make sure I remind them to show good manners and that they have some upbringing when talking to anyone in the house our out the house.
-
It comes down to this people, simple words that's what they are.  Show you have manners, damn it.  Say thank you to the cashier, say please to your kids and say excuse me to the old lady in the way at the mall walking extra slow in front of you.  Rudness doesn't look good on anyone I don't care how much money you have or how rough your life has been it doesn't excuse you and give you a free pass to be an ass. What kind of example are you to children (they don't have to be your children, they're still watching)?  That's all we need in this world more rude people, tsk tsk, lol. 
-
Okay, I feel slightly better now!  Have a good day people.  THANK YOU for reading my blog today! 

9 comments:

  1. Bravo *standing up to applaud*. I often wonder the same thing! No one says please and thank you anymore...its like everyone just expects for people to move out of the way or for people to give them things. I don't know when this world decided that we can just take things for granted...but its a sad sad thing when common manners aren't used!
    Thank you for posting this...great read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You GO with your bad self!! I so agree! If more people would treat people like they wanted to be treated, the world would be such a better place..I blogged a piece a few days ago about saying "I'm Sorry and meaning it"...come check it out if you get the chance and thanks for the great blog!
    www.kafkassister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know exactly what you mean. It gets super frustrating sometimes! It is like there are a bunch of entitled children running around. So sad how we treat each other now.

    Anyhoo, have a wonderful Sunday from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was growing up we had a saying - Manners make the Man.

    A simple smile, please, Thank you go so far...

    Read a great quote today:
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." ~Plato

    Here from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! I have thought these things many a times! I don't understand where the manners went off to? Everyone is in such a rush, but it doesn't take long to say a few polite words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! We all need to copy and paste on our own blogs. I agree with you completely. Just stopping by from SITS. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for stopping by! This is something I have been noticing a lot lately and was getting to me so I had to release it. Just so sad that I'm posting about grown ups and not kids who need manners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I work for a university and believe me it seems that no one has manners anymore!

    Following you from MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely agree. It takes so little time to be polite, yet makes a big difference.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete